Blue Mountain Animal Clinic is hiring! The Kennel Technician role is an entry-level position for talented individuals that are interested in a team atmosphere and willing to learn from the ground up. The ideal candidate is a friendly, professional, compassionate multi-tasker who strives to be an active team member. This is a job for someone who is organized and comfortable in a busy environment. They must love animals and people and want to be part of a team whose mission is to provide top-notch care to our clients and patients. This position requires working during the weekday, weekends, and some holidays.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment
- Endure standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods of time
- Cleaning and maintaining hospital premises, including deep cleaning of the whole hospital, inside and outside
- Walk through kennel areas regularly, checking each pet for abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea or blood in the cage/run
- Recognize emergency situations, enlisting the aid of doctors and technicians
- Mark records correctly for abnormal eating/weight/elimination habits
- Feed, water and medicate animals according to schedules and special instructions
- Clean and disinfect cages, runs and yards as needed, using hoses and spray bottles of disinfectant. Use squeegees to remove excess water.
- Walking dogs and socializing cats
- Clean cat litter boxes and disinfect kitty condos.
- Clean and disinfect all water and food bowls.
- Wear personal protective equipment required for each job duty and keep PPE in good working order. PPE includes goggles or face shields, aprons, gloves and/or other equipment assigned.
- Replace soiled bedding in cages/runs.
- Operate washer/dryer to clean hospital laundry.
- Take pets to treatment area for all medical services to be administered.
- Collect any samples (fecal or urine) as requested by a veterinarian.
- Know proper animal safe handling techniques
- Maintain food and supply storage
- +. Clean exam rooms and laboratory area
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org